Compliance & Risk Manager
Self employment and entrepreneurship is the biggest shift in how we work for a generation. Coconut is building the platform that automates tax and accounting for self-employed people and small business owners.
We launched our product in January 2018 - a current account that manages tax and expenses for freelancers and self-employed people. We’re at an exciting point in our journey: opened our first 4500 sole trader accounts and we've just launched our limited company accounts. Our mission is to free 20m people worldwide from business admin by combining banking and accounting into one simple product.
In order to achieve this we need more incredible people in our team to maintain the integrity of customer accounts and ensure that we’re compliant with financial regulations.
We’re looking for a FinCrime & Compliance Manager who can build and improve our customer on-boarding and financial crime reporting and monitoring processes. Initially you will be getting your hands dirty to get to grips with the account opening process to deliver rapid on-boarding whilst managing risk and giving customers a great experience. Over time you will be building processes and a team to support you making sure we can scale seamlessly while offering a fantastic experience to customers.
This role is best suited to someone with a unique skill set. You are fascinated by financial crime and stay up to date with the latest trends. You are exceptional at identifying how processes can be implemented and improved to drive efficiency in the business. You can build a team to help your department deliver against your objectives. Whilst you have a healthy scepticism an eye for spotting risk flags, you will be personable and always have the customer’s best interests at heart. You have a natural awareness of how important it is for everyone that interacts with us to have a good experience.
You will be a founding member of the Compliance department within Coconut establishing and refining processes and building a world-class team that delivers great results.
You will be:
- On-boarding customers, defining the process and helping to identify areas for automation while minimising the risks of fraudulent applications.
- Developing a risk-based approach to application screening to ensure that we on-board customers quickly and easily, whilst keeping fraudsters at bay.
- Maintaining our policies and procedures to ensure we're compliant with regulations and adhere to guidelines.
- Developing our transaction monitoring rules to spot suspicious activity, and taking action to defend against fraud and money laundering.
- Feeding back trends into transaction monitoring and working with the product team to build out our preventative measures for fraud.
- Building processes that enable us to interact with customers empathetically and efficiently, whilst always having one eye on the brand experience.
- You’ve had experience of on-boarding customers in a regulated environment and building a team to help you deliver.
- You're intrigued by the world of Financial Crime and you’ve grasped the economic importance of keeping fraud at arm’s length and customers’ accounts safe.
- You have a genuine interest in risk management.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You're someone who lives in the detail and loves spotting the things no one else would.
- You have an eye on the big picture and know how to set processes that help you get there, while finding new and creative ways to overcome challenges.
Our Compliance and Customer Operations teams are young but preparing for scale. Fast. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running and deliver results quickly.
Here’s what you’ll get working with us:
- Be a member of a small growing team that is building something exceptional
- Competitive salary + options available
- Company pension with matched contributions
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Office based on Luke Street just a few minutes from Old Street station
- Work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
If Coconut sounds like a place you'd like to work at, we'd love to hear from you.