Social Media Coordinator
There’s a big shift in the way people work towards self-employment and entrepreneurship in the UK and around the world.
Coconut is a current account that takes care of accounting and tax. It’s designed specifically for freelancers, self-employed people and small business owners.
We launched our first product in January 2018. We’re at an exciting point in our journey having opened our first 5,500 accounts. Our mission is to free millions of people around the world from business admin by combining banking and accounting into one simple product.
We have built a highly engaged community in Facebook called Coconut Bite and a bit mailing list and we want to continue delivering creative and highly valuable content to them and the wider community.
We are looking for someone who will become the voice of our brand on social. You will have a naturally fun and engaging style, whilst building trust with customers. You understand the nuances of tone of voice and brand and have a natural and conversational writing style adaptable for the engagement of existing and new customers.
- Connecting with our customers, immediate community and wider freelance/ entrepreneurs community to build relationships
- Managing our social media, email campaigns, newsletters and community outreach strategies across online and offline channels to attract new customers and engage our existing community
- Engaging with our waiting list and user-base in new and creative ways
- Supporting the team to deliver what you need on a very tight work schedule with competing priorities
- You love getting your hands dirty and are self-motivated and thrive in an environment where you have the freedom to introduce ideas - and finish them
- You are deeply empathetic and understand how to genuinely listen to customers and manage conversations to achieve the best outcomes every time
- You deliver a high quantity of output that is distinctive in quality and creativity
- You have a natural intuition for nurturing conversation of a highly engaged community and use it to gather insights for the business
- You are highly organised, with the ability to plan and prioritise work in a busy environment with competing demands where focus is the key to delivering exceptional work
- Desire to support freelancers/entrepreneurs, a passion for Coconut’s mission
- You have 1-2 years of paid experience in Social media/Marketing
- Be a member of a small growing team that is building something exceptional
- Competitive salary
- Company pension with matched contributions
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible and remote working potential
- Office very close to Old Street
- Work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects