There’s a big shift in the way people work towards self-employment and entrepreneurship in the UK and around the world.
Coconut is a current account that takes care of accounting and tax. It’s designed specifically for freelancers, self-employed people and small business owners.
We launched our first product in January 2018. We’re at an exciting point in our journey having opened our first 4,000 accounts. Our mission is to free millions of people around the world from business admin by combining banking and accounting into one simple product.
We want to become the heart of their business, providing everything they need in one place.
We're looking for an empathetic and enthusiastic designer who loves collaborating to join our design team. You’re friendly and an excellent communicator with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions.
You fall in love with a problem rather than a solution and understand that design is never done. You’ll be joining a 1 person design team and will have a lot of impact over how the product looks and works.
Working in a fast-paced environment, you’re comfortable with changes in direction and are focused on creating customer facing solutions. You’re a self starter who is excellent at managing their own time. You enjoy working closely with customers to test solutions and extract insights.
Our tools are Sketch for UI, Adobe After Effects for animations and Adobe Illustrator for illustrations. We use InVision for collaboration and flows and Origami for prototyping. We’re always looking to improve our ways of working and welcome and encourage any tools and processes that could help us be better at what we do.
You’ll be working on new features from our roadmap as well as improving and iterating on existing features across our Android and iPhone apps such as:
- Transactions & Payments
- Helping people manage their tax
- Our invoicing tool
What you’ll do
- Work across the entire product, from the Android and iPhone apps, web apps, marketing site and marketing materials.
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create user flows, wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and motion design
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Work closely with our customers to understand their needs and goals
- Collaborate with engineers to build your designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Continuously iterate, knowing that design is never done
- Run user research sessions as needed
- You have at least 3 years experience as a product designer
- You have the the ability to solve complex design problems
- Your portfolio showcases high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- You have an excellent eye for detail and experience in interaction design
- Prototyping skills is a plus
- You’re super organised, and understand the value of maintaining order in your files and workflow
- You have an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- You have comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them)
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You can balance customer needs alongside business needs and technical constraints
- Be a member of a small growing team that is building something exceptional
- Competitive salary + options available
- Company pension with matched contributions
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible and remote working potential
- Office very close to Old Street
- Work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects