There’s a big shift in the way people work towards self-employment and entrepreneurship in the UK and around the world.
Coconut is a current account that takes care of accounting and tax. It’s designed specifically for freelancers, self-employed people and small business owners.
We launched our first product in January 2018. We’re at an exciting point in our journey having opened our first 5,500 accounts. Our mission is to free millions of people around the world from business admin by combining banking and accounting into one simple product.
We want to become the heart of their business, providing everything they need in one place.
In order to achieve this, we need more incredible people in our team. We are now looking for a highly driven Community Manager to grow and nurture our user community.
How our brand looks and the way we communicate with the outside world is crucial to our culture and vision. You’ll understand that we’re not about shortcuts to growth, but deliberate and empathic engagement with our community through exceptional content across many digital and offline platforms alongside products that solve real problems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work directly with the founding team to agree community growth/retention targets
- Own the existing user community and our communication with them
- Assist with the creation of online and offline marketing assets, using community insights to provide valuable feedback on how best to communicate Coconut’s message
- Manage our social media, and community outreach strategies, assisting with email campaign and newsletter where possible
- Engage with our waiting list and user-base in new and creative ways so we can maximise retention and activation rates
- Test and measure performance of your campaigns, keeping cost of acquisition low
- Data-driven decisions about strategic direction and creative output
- Connecting with our customers, immediate community and wider freelance/ entrepreneurs community to build relationships
- You have 3+ years experience in a fast-paced Community management role and you’re ready for the next challenge
- You’re comfortable in a startup environment
- You’re very comfortable with MailChimp, Intercom, Google Analytics and Social Management Tools
- You have experience in doing surveys and customer interviews: You understand the importance of knowing the ‘why’ behind the data
- You are deeply empathetic and genuinely listen to customers and manage conversations to achieve the best outcomes every time.
- You actively seek out responsibility and are comfortable taking ownership of your decisions
- You are permanently generating new ideas for engaging our user-base or reaching new audiences, through different channels
- You are passionate about making things look and sound great, understanding how branding and tone of voice fit into the wider context
- You love getting your hands dirty and are self-motivated and thrive in an environment where you have the freedom to introduce ideas - and finish them
- You are highly organised, with the ability to plan and prioritise work in a busy environment with competing demands where focus is the key to delivering exceptional work
- Be a member of a small growing team that is building something exceptional
- Competitive salary + options available
- Company pension with matched contributions
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible and remote working potential
- Office very close to Old Street
- Work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects